Day Trip to Medjugorje from Dubrovnik - Private Tour
This is a tour of the beautiful and sacred city of Medjugorje, with visits to all the main pilgrimage sites in Medjugorje. Since it is a private excursion to Medjugorje, there are possibility of short stops for shopping, WC or taking photos from the beautiful places on the way.
The tour starts from Dubrovnik around 7:30 - 8:00 AM
From Dubrovnik, we take a day trip to one of Europe’s most sacred place – Medjugorje.
We start from agreed pick up point and set out our journey to discover Herzegovina and enjoy our drive on Adriatic road whit your private driver to Medjugorje.
Just outside of Dubrovnik city we will join Adriatic road and follow coastal line passing by city of Neum, the only place on the Adriatic coast what belongs to Bosnia&Herzegovina.
In Neum we will make our short break for refreshment and toilet break. Neum is considered to be one of the coastal towns which have the greatest number of sunny days in the year. Neum is located 60 km from Dubrovnik and 70 km from Medjugorje so we are half way to our destination Medjugorje.
On entre and exit of Neum we will pass boarders where we will make short stops so please prepare your passports for custom check. After few minutes we will continue our drive through Metkovic city where you can enjoy view of scenic Neretva river valley and take some photos so we can show off to our friends when we comeback.
After roughly 2 and half hours drive we will arrive to Medjugorje in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Your driver will follow you to our office where we will point you in the right direction for the must see things.
You will also make agreement whit driver what time you should return to the meeting point.
Return to Dubrovnik in the early evening, and finish right at your Hotel in Dubrovnik.
On arrival in Medjugorje, join the daily English Mass at 10 am and on Sundays at noon.
• Medjugorje Apparition Hill - where the young visionaries first encountered Our Lady. As you climb, you can see the inspired artistry of the bronze plaques depicting each mystery of the rosary, and touch and pray before the cross that commemorates the spot where Mary appeared to the visionaries.
For the pilgrims, an encounter with Apparition Hill is encounter with Our Lady through personal prayer and prayer of the rosary.
• Prayer Area, Statue of the Risen Saviour - contemporary sculpture of Christ. This sculpture has an unexplained seepage of water from the leg. Later in the day you be able to purchase a package of small cloth napkins and moistened each napkin with this water. What a wonderful gift it can be to give special, religious friends back home.
• Medjugorje Statue Of the Queen of Peace - The marble statue of the Queen of Peace, which became a symbol of the Shrine (the work of Dino Felici from Italy) was put up in 1987 at the square in front of the church.
• Medjugorje The Exterior Altar - built in 1989, and the surrounding prayer area (about 5000 seats), are a place of gathering in the summer time and for big feasts, when numerous thousands of pilgrims gather in Medjugorje.
• Medjugorje Confessionals - Thanks to Our Lady’s apparitions, Medjugorje became a place of reconciliation, which is especially experienced in the sacrament of Holy Confession.
As you confirm your trip, you will be assisted with a guide service (optional), daily prayer program and possible meeting with visionaries and priests.
What to bring:
Take comfortable, broken-in shoes, and dress in layers (T-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket) depending upon the time of year. A plastic poncho with hood or a folding umbrella in case of rain, toiletries, and slippers. Backpack to carry personal items while touring and to carry purchases you might make. Please pack what you think you will need but try not to over pack!
Using the front compartments of a backpack leaves your hands free for walking and climbing. Make sure you bring a small leak proof water bottle that you can refill when climbing the mountain and later you can have it blessed before you return (when facing St. James, the water fountain to the left is the original one fed by a natural spring).
A small bag is useful if you are purchasing items like candles and rosaries. You can even have your family members' rosaries blessed. Other items that come in handy are sandwich bags, paper clips, rubber bands, safety pins, needle and thread.
The relaxed traveller is a happy traveller!
The happiest travellers are the most relaxed travellers, and those that go abroad with an open mind to see and experience new things. Try to accept what the day offers, with an open mind. Try to remember that no one has brought the rain just to spite others; no one has deliberately caused the plane or the bus to be late to frustrate them.
A smile and a sense of humour are contagious - try it!
Any foreign travel is more enjoyable and worthwhile if one is prepared to travel with a pleasant tolerance of customs, philosophy and schedules, acceptance of the ways of people in foreign lands, their standards, cuisine, services and degrees of cordiality. It is all part of the enriching experience one should expect and enjoy.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
• Dubrovnik City
• Dubrovnik Port
• Dubrovnik Airport
• Hotel / Apartment
Cruise travelers - If you book your shore excursions independently of your cruise line please inform us following:
- Cruise ship name
- Time of arrival
- Time of depart
Our driver will wait for you at CUSTOM EXIT with a sign.
Guided tour by proffesional local guide in Medjugorje is optional and not included in this tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private Driver
- Transport by private minivan / sedan car
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Participant must have valid passport with them.
Customize it Book Now